September 19, 2008

Where is the Church?

The weekend is finally here and the Centerpoint electricity trucks have finally made it to my area of my zip code. For the last 6 days, because of the challenge of Hurricane Ike, there are still more than 2 million people without electricity (the last report I heard).

But the people of Houston, overall, have been patient and helpful... not all of them though.
I got flicked off at a streetlight because I didn't go when it was my turn to go. It's kind of confusing to treat those traffic lights that don't work as 4 way stops, because there are soooo many cars. Ahhh!

Anyway, I got an announcement and an invitation to make.
Although, we all have suffered in varying degrees this past week from the devastation of Hurricane Ike, we still have a mission.
While some may think that their mission is to sit in a pew all their life, I believe that we were created for a bigger purpose.
We see the behavior of the Church in the book of Acts and there is a strong need to restore that picture of Church.
Sometimes, the church looks to help with an intent to get something back. I am glad that tomorrow, the only thing that you will get back is the satisfaction that you are helping your community.

FEMA has stationed PODs all over the city of Houston and surrounding areas. PODs are Points Of Distribution where people that need ice, water, and a meal can come and get what they need.

I am asking all of my friends and family members to get together and volunteer at a POD tomorrow. Maybe some of you have already done so and you have made a difference in people's lives.

Tomorrow, Saturday, Sept, 20 at 12:oo (Noon), I will be at the Church Without Walls parking lot. The address is 5314 Bingle Rd. Houston, Tx. 77092. (Click on the address to get a map).

Mapquest it and try to make it out there.
We will be there for a couple of hours... so wear comfortable shoes and bring that bright smile of yours.
Let's impact this city and be the Church that God called us to be.

If you need more info, you can call me or text me at 832-309-0312.
God bless you guys.

No comments: