September 15, 2008

Hurricane IKE Update!

Ok... I finally could get to a computer at work. My job warehouse office complex has electriciry and thats why I HAD to come to work. Sucks! At least its better than staying home without electricity and food.

It has been a crazy 4 days. Here we go:
  • Crazy winds on Friday night.
  • Electericity goes out on Saturday around 2 AM.
  • My cell phone does not have service, so I cant get ahold of no one. Sorry guys, if you called me. I'll get back with you as soon as I am able to.
  • Saturday, during the daytime, it was HOT!!!
  • No. You do not understand how hot it was.. I literally slept outside my balcony.
  • I reread Radical Reformission by Mark Driscoll... Hey, no TV, no Internet, no ANYTHING!
  • Can you sense my frustration?
  • It rained Sunday night... so I started to feel the cool breeze coming in.
  • Thanks Jesus for the cold front.
  • I went out a couple of times to McDonald's, gas stations... and its amazing to see how people act when they are in need.
  • It was pitch black on Sunday night. Not even one streetlight on!
  • Monday? We had some good weather. I felt like I was in San Diego... but no electricity or gas or comida (food).
  • Apparently, we did not stock up on canned goods.
  • Oh, I also smelled B-B-Q, and for once, thought I was going crazy... just to find out that my neighbor accross the hall was cooking B.B.Q on his grill. AAAAHHH!
  • I really miss my lovely lady. I have not seen her in 5 days. I love you babe.
  • Why am I at work?
  • About to go hunting for food and maybe end up standing in line for 1 hour at a Panera somewhere... maybe in between a lady that has not showered and a smelly old man.. Way to be community minded, Tony. Hehe.

Through all this, I am thankful that God would not allow my situation to get worse. I think of the people that had homes in Galveston and other parts of this great city of Houston that got more damage. I ask that Jesus helps them and gives them peace.

God, I am thankful in everything. Thank you.
I smell... Pizza?

No comments: