September 16, 2008

Hurrican IKE Update 2!

Well.. I am tucked away in a small couch with my lovely lady by my side at a Panera that is open for business. After a hard day of work, I decided to take my girlfriend out to eat. We decided to hit the Fuddruckers that was open in 1960, right next to the Willowbrook Mall. I had a Chipotle BBQ Specialty burger which tasted D-E-L-I-C-I-O-U-S!

But after getting in the car to come to Panera to relax and get online, it did not feel so good. Apparently, eating a hearty meal after eating "hurricane food" since Friday, is not a good idea. Hehe.

I love my girlfriend. She is amazing and I am grateful that she has been there for me at my lowest points in life. I believe that marriage will be fun (when the time comes) with our 6 kids. Ha. I'm not joking. Maybe the Lord will change my mind after the first one.

I still don't have power at my house, but thank Jesus that I can open all my windows and let the cold breeze in...
I cannot complain. There are people that stand in long lines for hours at the gas station to get gas and at FEMA's PODs (Points of Distribution) just to get a bag of ice and 2 water bottles.
I hope things get back to normal soon.

Galveston will not be the same. They will have to rebuild that city.
We will have clear blue beach water after this is over. I guarantee it. Hehe.

This too shall pass.

No comments: