August 21, 2007

» Another look at What will separate you from God's love.

Romans 8:38-39
"For I am convinced that neither death nor life,
neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future,
nor any powers, neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation,
will be able to separate us from the love of God
that is in Christ Jesus our Lord."
We often quote this scripture. Makes a great preaching, as well. But, really, think about it. No, no. Really think about it.
This scripture mentions a whole bunch of things that will not separate us from the love of God. The thing is that we get so wrapped up in reading the whole list of things that won't separate us from the love of God, that we do not think about them. We just agree with them (maybe it's because we have just heard this scripture screamed at us and not taught).
Can we take a look at this scripture? I think we have overlooked something here.
Let's start.
Break it down.
  • It says "For I am convinced that neither death... shall separate me from the love of God..."
Ok. I'm cool with that...
I can die and that won't separate me from His love. I will be dead... I don't have to worry now.
  • Then it said: "For I am convince that neither... life... shall separate me from the love of God..."

This is the thing on the list we do skip over... LIFE.

Read it again. "For I am convinced that neither... life... shalll separate me from the love of God."

Really? Are you sure about that? Are you willing to put the love of God before your Life?

Well, you say you do... but really think and be honest!

  • Do you put your own desires of your life before God?
  • Do you worry more about getting your degree in school, (in this life)?
  • Are you desperate to achieve your own goals that you have set in your life?
  • Does school, work, and relationships of this life keep you from putting God first?
  • Can life be in the way of serving God?
  • Do your daily duties in life keep you from His love?

Are you really convinced that neither death nor LIFE... will be able to separate you from the love of God?

Oh God help us to be honest.

No comments: