November 18, 2008

The City: Dallas

Dallas, baby, Dallas!
I'm here and its nice.

4 hours away from Houston and my car did just fine, thanks Jesus.
Its nice... and I find it very different than Houston, but its cool.

Although I have to say, it seems to me that the cops here have noting better to do than to hide their cop cars and stand right next to it and point the speeding gun towards incoming traffic.
Since I'm not very popular with the 5-0 (They like giving me speeding tickets for some reason), I assure you that I'm being careful.

I would like to to give a shout out to a special family, the Perez family, that is housing me for the duration of this chuch planting bootcamp here in Dallas. I have known this fam. for about 6 years and I remember Israel and Sam being 15, 16 years old.

Now, they are older and have their responsibilities... and Sam is still proud to be an avid skateboarder while his older brother Israel rides on his motorcycle. Pretty cool guys.
They live about 20 minutes from The Village Church where the conference will be held.

Well, so far so good!
Tomorrow, I turn on my mind towards church planting 100%.
Can you believe it?
2 full days of straight talk from some amazing teachers.

Can't wait.

No comments: