November 17, 2008

Acts29 Church Planting Boot Camp!

Am I excited or what?!!

I just registered and went on mapquest for directions and packed!
I'm going to the Acts29 Dallas Church planting Boot camp!

Pastor Mark Driscoll from Seattle founded this network to help church planters start churches... To give future church planters resources and training on how to plant a church that is bible-based. Really bible-based.

I'm ecstatic, man!
I pray that my car makes it all the way, since it ONLY has 205,000 miles. Only... Hehe.

I will be learning things such as:
-"Developing a Missional Core."
-"Pitfalls of Church planting."
-"The Role of Social Justice & Poverty in Discipleship"
-"Cultivating a Culture of Repentance"
-"How Firm a Foundation: The Sufficiency of Scripture"
That's only the first day!!!

The second day, I will be exposed to:
-"Going Deep with Sabbath Rest"
-"Developing a Repentance Ministry"
-"Spirit-led Ecclesiology: Following the Spirit through Church Planting"
-"Vivification & Mortification: A Process to Holiness"

I am ready to meet some other guys that have planted, are planting or are wanting to start a church.
I pray that I can absorb everything that I hear, see, imagine...

I have not been to a conference in a very long time (2 years maybe), and I am in need to learn something.

I cant wait to get on my car and drive 4 hours all the way into Dallas for this event.
I'll let you'll know how it goes.

Pray for my car.

No comments: