August 23, 2008

God wants His will done more than we do.

I have started to get momentum on what Jesus has called me to do... Since July 2007, I have seen the dream of a 16 year old in High School start to unfold. Thanks to my mother and father that taught me the ways of God when I was a kid. Since childhood, I have always thought I would be a pastor of a church. Disappointment filled my life after seeing ministries crumble... I still wanted to pursue the dream and vision that only Jesus could put in my heart.

This past year has been a wonderful time of learning and researching the world of Churchplanting. It is scary, though (and I only speak of what I feel). Sometimes, I think I have read so many books, prayed enough, researched enough data, interviewed countless churchplanters that I think I'm ready... But at times, I think to myself, What if I fail? A frightening thought.

A friend told me this week that God wants it more than we do. Thats true. I believe that God wants His will done more than we do.
All I know is that God's plan will succeed.

In these last 4 months of this year, I have committed myself to a period of what people may call "consecration." It will be a time of fasting, more praying, and since God speaks through His word, more Bible reading.

I don't want to start another church just to call it home.
I don't want to start another church just to have recycled christians come.
I don't want to start another church just to add another church to this city.
I do not want anther church just so it can be a burden and an eysore to the community.

I want a church that can teach the bible.
I want a church that can preach Jesus.
I want a church that embraces the community... even on the weekdays.
I want a church that produces life-change.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

We still need to get together...