September 18, 2007

» "We're gonna get shot!"

"We' re gonna get shot!" That's what she said. Haha. It was hilarious! O.K Let me fill you in. Today, Ruthie and I went to eat at the Pupusa Loca. For my english friends, pupusas are... ah... some good food... better than gorditas. That was for my Mexican friends. Hehe. Well, I got me a pupusa, a tamal de elote, and a tamal de gallina. (I was hungry). Ruthie just got 2 pupusas and some beans. M-M-M!!!
We had a good time... eating, talking. I rally am in love with this girl. It will be 3 years in November that we started dating (I dont recommend years of courtship, but we are a special case. Hehe) and I am still loving every minute of it, except when we disagree.

And if you don't disagree with your girlfriend or wife, YOU ARE NOT NORMAL, and somebody has you on check!!!!

I mean, come on... there has to be some things you dont agree on. Well, anyway, we were having a good time. This is a good place to get some good Salvadorean food, you know. Thank God they don't take long... That's the problem with many pupusa places. You know what I mean.
This place is on Long Point Rd. and Wirt Rd. It was about 9 PM... and we were walking out to the car. Full stomach and a happy heart. Hehe. We stood in the parking lot talking for a bit, and then she said...

"Let's go because... we're gonna get shot."

That cracked me up. It was hilarious! And if you don't understand me, I guess you had to be there.

I told her that Spring Branch was one of the safest areas of Houston to be in... (SMILE). Yea Right! Not that safe anymore. There were 2 rapes last week in a Hammerly Blvd. Park. Northbrook Middle School and Northbrook High School are like Sodomah and Gommorrah. Haha! and its getting crazy. It was not like that a couple of years ago, when I was in 4th grade. I mean, when we first moved to Spring Branch, our family and friends thought that "we were movin' on up..." and I am serious! Haha!

I guess when you love a city... when you love an area that you know that God has called you to... when you love the people that push shopping carts full of food from the Fiesta at Blalock St. all the way to their house in Long Point Rd....
I'm trying to say that when you have a burden for a place... it seems safe to you. You love the people. You wave to busness owners. You know the people that cash your check at the Bank. Im serious.

I love Spring Branch.
God will raise up a church that is a church in that city... in that area of Houston.

"We're gonna get shot!" Hehe.
I love my girl...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Why are you talking to people about my weaknesses?!?! hmmm??? hahah, JK. I love my boy. C;

Anonymous said...

haha... "a couple of years ago, when i was in 4th grade" that's a lot of years a go, tony! and no, pupusas are not better than gorditas... i beg to differ