September 4, 2007

» Some thoughts...

Enough bible, no? hehe! I can never get enough. I love it. I love God's word. Sometimes it points the way and assures my steps... and sometimes it hits me hard. What an awesome God we serve. I love my Jesus. Thank you for saving me...

I have been reading "The Radical Reformission-Reaching out Without Selling Out" by Mark Driscoll... It is a good read.

I want God's power to rest in me. As I think on my life... the experiences in my 21 year ol life... the sweet moments of being in church with friends... the people that I have met and encouraged me, from the prophet that had a word to the little old lady that told me that she had prayed for me that previous night. It has been a ride. A sweet one.

AND, It's not over... My God! What a relief. Good experiences and bad experiences, I will serve God. Betrayals and new relationships are all part of life. I thank God for that. Sometimes, I get to thinking and kind of say to myself like that guy in the bible said, "Will I only accept the good things from God and not the bad?"

There is a whole bunch of people in this city of Houston... in this state, in this countrty that are so frustrated of church... I see young people and they are wanting something real. Who will give it to them?
Will you wait to be ordained? Recognized? Licensed? Oh man! Those are good things, but that has been the excuses that people have used to sit on their butts and do nothing.

I know of so many young people (and I know you do too) that have talent and potential. Just think, if we could teach them just a couple of things about "Character" and "Confidence."
I pray for young people to stand up and do something.

Preach something relevant based on Scripture (Preach Jesus).
Write a Book.
Write a Journal.
Make a movie.
Lead a ministry.
Make a series of short films.
Draw a comic book.
Teach.
Pray.
Love people.

Do something..

No comments: