August 30, 2007

» SOUND DOCTRINE, PLEASE!!!

Titus 2:1
"You must teach what is in accord with sound doctrine"

"Oh God! Please give us teachers that will teach your word! Give us men that will be men of God and preach your word. I want my heart to burn as we talk about scriptures, just like the 2 disciple's hearts that burned whenever you were talking about the scriptures to them."

That is my prayer tonight.

I am so excited of going back to school. I cannot wait to hit those books... and those classes. I think I'll be taking 2 or 3 classes this semester. I wish I could take 4. I will be taking:

  • Bible Study Methods (I can't wait for Paul Helbig to teach this one... He is amazing! I enjoyed his Old Testament 1 class).
  • New Testament 1 (I wanna be rocked by the gospels which I started to read again today).
  • English Composition (Boo! Since I'm trying to get my degree in Biblical Counseling, I need this class. Sucks!).

I am excited, though. I really cannot wait to hear those lectures... It is an experience, I tell you. When I went for my first year, I was shocked to feel that no one was imposing their belief on me. They taught straight from the Bible and I went back and researched it myself. That's how it should be. Oh man! Sometimes we had mini debates because some students did not agree with others. Other times the students did not agree with the professor. It was fun.

Sound doctirne is what we need, guys. We don't need any more fluffiness... Paul said:

1 Corinthians 1:23

"but we preach Christ crucified:

a stumbling block to Jews and foolishness to Gentiles,"

Let's preach Christ! Let's preach Jesus! That has to be our center... I have been getting a burden and conviction to preach Jesus. His redemption. His salvation. His resurrection. That's why we preach. That's the gospel! Those are the good news!

Like one of my favorite theologians said,

"We focus too much on the Kingdom... The Kingdom this, The Kingdom that. What about the King (Jesus)?"

Let's talk about Him.

Sound Doctrine.

When I think about the young people that grew up with me... oh God... Most of them know just know Acts 2... Hehe. (whoops!). Some don't even know that. They don't know of the Sin in Genesis. They don't know of the details of Christ suffering our penalty for our sin. They don't know of the Tomb. The Resurection that's talked about in 1 Corithians 15. Not even that...

"Oh God... Send us REAL teachers, and let us be RECEPTIVE to your Word!"

That's what is on my mind...

Sound Doctrine.

No comments: