January 28, 2008

»I hate religion. (Part 1)

O.K... I'm not that hateful... Just hear me out.

See, I am the type of guy that will sit at Starbucks forever and read. Not a nerd. I just like to read. Wha? Occasionally, I will look up and grab my hot white chocolate mocha and sip. That's how I roll!

I was at the busiest Starbucks ever. At the Galleria. It's open for 24 hours, so you can imagine at what time I was there. Late.

I finished reading the Book of Acts. It's a book in the Bible. The Apostle Paul is crazy! He was so biblical. I mean, he wrote the majority of the New Testament so we call all say that he was pretty biblical. Hehe.
NOTE: If you find the Bible to be boring, read the Book of Acts. It is a STORY. Don't overspiritualize it. Just read the freaking book!

One of the many things that I learned from this book was that the major debates that the first Christians had were not about baptism or how many spoke in tongues. That came naturally. That was the gospel. It came with it. The arguments and fights were caused by a group of people that I like to call "The Religious." Stephen called them "Stiff-necked." (Acts 7:51)

Let me define "religious people" to you.
No. Never mind... Let the bible define "religious people"
Read Acts 15:10
"Now, therefore, why are you putting God to the test by placing a yoke on the neck of the disciples that neither our fathers nor we have been able to bear?"

The religious people will put a yoke on the neck...
-a burden on the shoulders...
-a guilt in your conscious...
-a to-do list in your mind...
-and... a deep voice saying "Hallelujah" at the altar making yourself going to sleep.

Religion is a mentality that people have. They appear with furry eyebrows, so serious they look like they are mad, stiff-necked, tight-lipped, thinking they are better (holier than you) than everyone else.

Stay tuned for tomorrow's post. I will hate some more.
Please forgive me. Hehe.
Goodnight.

No comments: