January 30, 2008

»I hate Religion. (Part 2)

Here is part 2 pf the series of posts on "I Hate Religion". I am enjoying this.

Religion will like at first. Then the religious people will turn against you. I can speak about that personally, but that is not the point of this post. Watch.
The apostle Paul goes to a city (Antioch) and starts to teach. People like him so they beg for him to stay for next week. Many people followed Jesus.

Acts 13:42-43
As they went out, the people begged that these things might be told them the next Sabbath. And after the meeting of the synagogue broke up, many Jews and devout converts to Judaism followed Paul and Barnabas, who, as they spoke with them, urged them to continue in the grace of God.

Acts 13:44 says that the next Sabbath, the whole city came to hear the Bible being preached. I desire for that day to come when the whole city of Houston gets the Bible to be preached to them in a relevant way.
I can break it down to say that I long for the day where the whole city/town of Spring Branch gets to hear the Bible. One day... in Jesus' name.

Acts 13:45
But when the jews saw the crowds, they were filled with jealousy and began to contradict what was spoken by Paul, reviling him.
SIDE NOTE: The gospel will grow a church if you preach it... the religious will get envious and jealous when your church grows. Hehe.

Acts 13:50
But the Jews incited the devout women of high standing and the leading men of the city, stirred up persecution against Paul and Barnabas, and drove them out of their district.

The religious people seeing the growth of people that wanted to hear Jesus' words... ran the preachers out of the city.

Did you get that?
The religious people will like you... hang out with you... chilax with you... even dress you! But when you show up with the gospel and they see the crowds, they get envious. All they are there for is the number of people that will show up to their synagogue (church). They cannot celebrate other people's successes. They are so... AHHH!

OK I will finish up with this one. Dang! I'll probably write a book.
Read Acts 14:19
But Jews came from Antioch and Iconium, and having persuaded the crowds, they stoned Paul and dragged him out of the city, supposing that he was dead.

Paul was driven out of town... He went to preach somewhere else... tell me:
WHO FOLLOWED PAUL?
THE JEWS CAME FROM ANTIOCH... The guys that drove Paul out of the city. The religious people.

The religious people will follow you from anywhere to continue criticizing you.They will continue to talk about you. They will try to kill you.

Freaking religious people.
How I love you all.
What group are you in?

I HATE RELIGION.
I LOVE JESUS.
I love the gospel... I love the good news.
Oxymoron? No, they are 2 different things.

1 comment:

ruthie said...

I enjoyed this one, Mr. Villatoro!
Keep it up, love... C: