January 31, 2008

»Women on Pants. Hehe.

I got a question from one of my myspace friends. Hehe. If you receive this, I guess you are my friend too.
Anyway, the question went a little like this:
"What is your view on wome wearing pants?"
With no disrespect to my friend that asked this question, but who cares what I think?! No one.
So let's rephrase it.

"What is the BIBLE's view on women wearing pants?"

Good enough?
Here we go.
What is the Bible's view? None!

I'm serious... I searched and searched the Bible but Jesus never told women not to wear pants!
By the way, I really want to meet the guy that started telling ladies not to wear pants. I want to ask him, "Where did you get that opinion from?" Because he certainly did not get it from the Bible.

The Bible does not declare that it is a sin.
I have to clarify this because there are a lot of people that have been taught that women that wear pants are in sin. Wow.
Now... for those that want to debate this (religious people), I know what scripture you have for me.

If you can turn your bibles to Deuteronomy 22:5
"A woman shall not wear a man’s garment, nor shall a man put on a woman’s cloak, for whoever does these things is an abomination to the LORD your God."

Without spiritualizing this verse (like we have alaways done), read it like a normal person. Hehe. What is the first thing that comes to your mind? Think about it.

I believe that God was drawing a distinction between male and female. This verse is for thsoe that God has to ask:
-"Hey, what are you? Are you a man or a woman? I made you a man, but dude, you got blush on your face and purple eyeshadow? What the?"
-"Hey, didn't I make you a woman, why do you come out with a shaved head and baggy jeans looking like a dude?"

Leviticus 20:13
"If a man lies with a male as with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination;"

What do these verses have in common? They have the same word in them: ABOMINATION.
If a guy looks like a woman (Deuteronomy 22:5) and another guy sleeps with him (Leviticus 20:13), the BIBLE says that it is an abomination.
Simple. Get it?

I have two wishes for you, my dear reader:
1). Do not be so hurried to change everything right now.
2). Do not be judgemental of others that share or don't understand yet. PLEASE!!!

NOTE:
Since there are a lot of people that have grown up with a very legalistic view on this issue, my prayer is for you to be humble, not rebellious.
Picture this: A teenager that is bitter at his parents... he can't wait until his 18th birthday, because he says that then he will do things that he has never done. He will drive, he will move out, he will smoke, he will drink, he will have sex. He will do everything that he cannot do at the age of 16. And the moment he turs 18, he blows it and he ruins his life.

That is my fear for some people that have grown up in legalistic homes. You have been tied to so many man-made traditions, and now you have found a bible and started to read it. You have found out that many of these things that were taught were just man-made doctrines.

My wish is that you won't be so hurried to change everything... but with patience and humility, change.
This is not only for the "women on pants" issue... this is for all the unbiblical issues that we have been taught.

Like that 16 year old kid, when he turns 18, he will go to the extreme and will mess up his life. Do not mess up yours.
Be wise, be biblical, and change.
Repent as you go and seek Jesus' forgiveness.

Stop acting like you got it altogether.
Your righteous actions are like a polluted garment. (Isaiah 64:6)
Goodnight.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

wOW!! aWESOME wORDS!! it cOULDN'T OF gOTTEN ANY MORE sIMPLE tHAN tHAT!!

Anonymous said...

wOW!! aWESOME wORDS!! it cOULDN'T OF gOTTEN ANY MORE sIMPLE tHAN tHAT!!