January 9, 2008

»Judging Spiritually? Right.

Ok... I just have to do this... Can I? Come on! Ah... it's my blog. Hear me out.

With a menacing look, you stare them down, maybe you smile hipocritically...
"Why is she here?"
"What happened to him?"
"I wonder what's going on with her?"
"Dude, I haven't seen him in a long time."

Let's admit it. There are churches that are full of people that ask these questions when they see a person that they know go through their church doors.

Let me ask you something: Have you asked those questions at one time?
Come on, don't lie. Admit it and then repent.

Unfortunately, there are many churches with a sub-culture that has been created withouth it ever intending to show up... but it's there. A sub-culture that dictates people's mentality.

The bible calls it "Judging."
You call it "Judging spiritually."
Hmmph!! (for a lack of a better word).

"Why is she sitting in the back?"
"Why is he not wearing a tie?"
"What's wrong with her?"

I detest it when I step inside of a church to "Fellowship with the Saints." (Umm, worship Jesus and hang out with friends) and people judge. I dislike it when I feel the stares of self-rigteous people on the back of my head. Analyzing. Testing. Examining. Judging spiritually? Haha.
I just want to worship. Can I?
Everything is ok... No need to worry. Jesus is in control.

"Are you backsliding?"
"Did she cry in worship?"

Here is your answer: Change! Repent! Love!

"She didn't go to the altar?"
"I didn't see him praying."

You know what?
You pray!
Hehe.

I just had to post this.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

this is my favorite!!!!!

seanpritzkau said...

I think everyone that read this post felt a little guilty.. I know I do. Judgement tears apart the church family.