January 23, 2008

»2 of the Many Reasons the Bible is True.

If you or I would have written the Bible... Hehe. What a statement. I think that we would have written it differently. I mean , come on!
-I would not have Jesus hiding from the Pharisees when they go to the synagogue to go get him!
-I would have Jesus pull out a sword from nowhere and fight off and kill all the soldiers that went to arrest him in the garden of Gethsemane.
-I would not have Jesus perform a freaking miracle, by picking up the ear of the soldier and putting it back into its place when Peter cut it off. Let that soldier bleed!
-I would have Jesus go into the city of Jerusalem on a white horse not on a stupid donkey!
-I would have Jesus jump off the cross, while he was being crucified (as one of the Roman soldiers suggested).

I would have Jesus do so many things and make him a hero that never suffers, never bleeds, never hides, never goes through embarassment and never dies!

But I cannot repaint Jesus!

If the Bible was inspired by man, we would have written a script for a Spiderman or a Fantastic 4 movie.

The Bible is a true example of unselfish writers that lived in DIFFERENT TIMES of history, NEVER KNOWING EACH OTHER. And even then, everything that is written coincides with everything else. The contradictions that you might think that are there, doing some research, you will find that they don't exist. It is so funny. My 4th. grade teacher called this concept "Context Clues."

One good friend of mine told me that you can use all the Concordances and Commentaries that you want, but the best cross-reference book that you can use for the Bible is the Bible itself. So true. I mean, you can jump from the book of Matthew and go to the book of Ruth and you will find some things that will attach together. You gotta do your research.

2 of the many reasons to believe that the Bible is true are these:
1). If the Bible had not been inspired by God, (and it had been inspired by man), Jesus would be a guy that would beat up everyone, without suffering and pain. We would have made him like that. That would be our hero!
But God wanted to come into this world and feel your pain and suffering and die for you. Amazing!

2). The writers/authors of the Bible that did not know each other were able to write truths not only based on historical facts but also truths that were TOLD by God (Moses and the 10 commandments), and inspired of God. 2 timothy 3:16 says: "All Scripture is breathed out by God and profitable for teaching, for reproof, for correction, and for training in righteousness".

I believe the Bible to be the Word of God.

No comments: