August 17, 2007

» Bring your Fishes and your Bread!

I was reading some stuff and I stumbled across this:

The Church World-wide:
  • 175,000 gave their life to Jesus today world-wide
  • 50,000 of those accepting Jesus are in Communist China
  • 40,000 of those accepting Jesus are in India
  • 2,000 new churches will be planted this month alone in India
  • There are more Christians in AFRICA (450,000,000) than there are people in the United States of America. (300,000,000)

The Church in America:

  • 8 out of every 10 church plants fails
  • In the last 15 years church attendance has decreased by 36%
  • 2,500 new churches start every year, while 4,000 close their doors (negative 1,500 growth rate)
  • The unchurched population has grown just under 100% over the last 10 years
Now, why do you think this is so? I am just so tired of the church in America...
I remember when I went to Honduras (that was some years ago, but I still remember), there were churches everywhere... My sister and her boyfriend came back from El Salavador, and they told me the same thing. There are many churches over there, as well. My father tells me the same thing. He says, "There are tons of churches here... There is a church right down the street from where I live. There is no pastor though... The people just gather."
OH GOD! Please help us!

And here we are...
  • worried about our own life.
  • seeking more friends.
  • going out and having fun.
God, give me conviction! I need to repent. We need to repent. Really, when I look over these statistics, it makes my heart burn with a burden that is too dificult to carry. I am so much in need of a reality check. We are in need of a reality check.

Matthew 14:14-18
"And Jesus went forth, and saw a great multitude, and was
moved with compassion toward them, and he healed their sick.
And when it was evening, his disciples came to him, saying,
This is a desert place, and the time is now past; send the multitude away,
that they may go into the villages, and buy themselves victuals.
But Jesus said unto them, They need not depart; give ye them to eat.
And they say unto him, We have here but five loaves, and two fishes.
He said, Bring them hither to me."
Does anybody feel a burden to go and make disciples?
Does anybody feel the compassion that moved Jesus when he looked over and saw 5,000 men, women and children, hungry for something.He said... "they dont need to go without being fed... let's give them so food."

God wants you to bring what you got.
He says, "Tell your story. Tell your testimony. Let them know that I'll take care of them as I took care of you."
He says, "Bring your brokeness. Bring your small amount of experience. Bring your heart of compassion. Bring them hither to me."

Can I tell you the same thing?
These people are dying without hope and forgiveness, can you help me give them something that will fill that void?
Can we stop worrying about our daily duties and start bein disciples of Jesus?
Can we stop being so involved in church politics and rally the church in Revival?
Can we stop trying to climb that old "ministry ladder" and do what God has called you to do?

Matthew 9:37
Then he said to his disciples, "The harvest is plentiful but
the workers are few."
Can you start working in the field without any leader, preacher, pastor telling you every Sunday? People need to hear your story. They need to hear your testimony. Don't let nobody stop you.
I am sorry. This is why people don't like me, but I will tell it like it is.
Don't let no organization, no pastor, no preacher, no person, stop you from telling the world your testimony. If it is your time.. go for it. Go and make disciples.
GO!!!

No comments: