November 26, 2007

»Just wondering...

I just wonder.
Right now I am in a wondering mood.
I mean, sitting at Panera Bread, after some of the best soup around... and some piano playing in the background...
Who would not be relaxed?
I just wonder.

What if someone gets a radical idea of starting a church in Houston, Tx?
A church that serves the community... A church that the city asks for help when its people are in need.
You get that?
The church doesn't ask for help... the city asks for the church's help.

A church that lets anyone come to its services... gatherings... celebrations.
Teenagers, college students, young married couples... old people.
Hey, come on... everybody!

What if someone could launch a church that would get away from the traditional and the routine?
A church that would do things so different that religious people would criticize and the unsaved would meet Jesus.

What if this church would not be personality driven... but a team of teaching pastors would care for it?

What if this church would be able to launch with 150- 200 people in its frist service?
Am I thinking too small?

A church that would not get comfortable and stop growing when it reaches the maximum number of 350 members... Haha!
Seriously, not to poke fun at anyone, but most churches in the Houston area... as soon as they hit 400, they feel that they are the church model. Hehe.
400 people? That should be your volunteers!
Let me remind you, I am not mocking anyone. I am just asking... what if?

What if this church would open different campuses in Houston... maybe some satellite campuses? in schools, theaters... and you're going to like this... in the clubs?
Uy no! Haha. (Narrow minded people. Get out of your box).

What if some young kid in his 20s with no pastoral experience, no Ph D., no nothing, would be able to gather other young men... other families and launch a revolution of church planting in this city of Houston?

I believe it. One day.

You might say, "Well then, stop dreaming and start doing!"
To that I tell you, "Slow down cougar, slow down."

If you want to be a part of this revolution... please be praying for it.
If you want to be part of a team that will DOMINATE this city for Jesus' glory, pease be praying for it.
I believe that people will come out of nowhere to stir one of the greatest times of our generation in Houston, Tx.
I don't just feel it. I know it.
It is just a matter of time... of putting certain order in our lives... of organizing a couple of things... of gathering candidates that need Jesus do something big in their lives.

For the others, I pray for you.

I was just wondering.
Can you help me woder too?

What if...? Hehe.
What do you think?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Panera Bread has an amazing Cinnamon Crunch Bagel. Amazing.

Keep Dreaming my friend!

Anonymous said...

you know... i had this semi-vision.. or maybe it was just what i wanted to see someday...
but i felt it so strong that i wrote everything down..
a masssive MASSIVE youth service.
not just a preaching..
a drama
a breakthrough
screaming, tears, rying, repentance..
i saw it this year..
buh it has not happened..
so im thinking it will comming next yr.
buh i didnt kno who to tell..
so i told some random ppl...
and my vision was not taken seriously..
buh yea.. i feel it coming up..
=]
ur awesome.. buh jesus is awesomer