October 30, 2007

»Worship Leaders! LEAD US!

There is a whole bunch of musical talent out there in churches today... really there is!
I mean, I sometimes hear guys play and sing and I am amazed... blown away! Some of these guys should record a CD, I tell myself.

But can I tell you something?

Sometimes, the best musicians are NOT worship leaders!

For real! I could buy your CD and enjoy your ability to tear it up... that's one thing... but to lead worship, that is totally different.
...and I think, that is the tragedy that has creeped into churches nowadays.
Yes, I said creeped!

We got a whole bunch of guys with guitars and a whole bunch of people that can only play and sing, but cannot take people into God's presence!

That's why we call you worship leaders, for crying out loud!
Lead us!!!
Maybe there are some people that can lead themselves into His presence... and if everyone could go into Jesus' presence by themselves, you know what?!

We would not need you!

(That's enough exclamation marks... let me calm down)

Really guys... it's cool that you can sing... it's cool that you can keep your tone. Save that for your CDs, but when you come to church to "lead us" into worship. Please do that!

I thank Jesus for you and the gift that He has given you. I really do... because I don't have it. I still sing like when I was 8 and back in the kid's choir.
But lead us... please?!

Please, when you sing... act like you wanna be there.
Act like you want to take wounded and tired people to the heart of worship where Jesus can touch their lives.

Lead us.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

i second that sir, i second that

Anonymous said...

yes!!!! i third that, i third that as well!

Anonymous said...

Well said, Tony! Thanks for linking to me, man! Get out there and plant a church. Get in touch with me and we'll help you do it!