September 15, 2007

» Preaching and Mentoring.

What a Privilege it is!

I have not taken preaching lightly... I pray to God that I never do. Ever since I was a kid, I remember writing long notes when I preached. I pray to God that He could bring things to my remembarance while I preach... but have not yet accomplished the art of preaching without notes. Hehe. I'm not that skilled. Yet. Anyways...
I love watching preachers. There are some that preach like they wish they were out fishing somewhere else and there are those that preach like if they really mean it.
I strive to be a preacher that really means it when I'm preaching.

Well, I am thankful to God... Pastor advised me that I would be preaching at Starting Point Church. I am excited. Kind of nervous as well. I have not preached in a couple of months (outside of my bathtub, I mean), but I know that God will back up His Word. In Jesus name. Please pray for me.

I love God. I love His mercy and grace. Really, I do.
There is nothing like being a sinner that has been cleansed of his sin... and when the enemy comes to tempt, I could give him all the reason for accusing me... but I also have to tell him that thanks be to God that He paid the price.
I am so humbled by what Jesus did on the cross.

He lived the life that I never could live.
He died the death that I should die.

I got a call from Pastor this yesterday afternoon. He wanted to meet me so we could talk. We met and talked... and talked... and talked... I love those sessions with him. I really take advantage of hearing every illustration, every story, every experience that he tells me. I really do. We talked about the future of Iglesia de Campeones. We talked about what I am called to do in Ministry (Be a Pastor). I really felt comfortable talking to him about it. Ah! Mentoring.... It's awesome. Well, being mentored is. You can learn so much. Just be open mided and take the experiences, successes and failures of people, so that you can be a better person (for me, a better Minister).

Mark Driscoll said:
The best mentors are the dead mentors... because they'll never disappoint you!
Haha. That's funny.

I thank God for my mentors. Dead and alive.

No comments: