September 8, 2008

Kaleo, A wedding and Small Groups.


A lot of things happened on Sunday.

-I visited a church that I had missed out on since February.
-A friend of mine, Danel Hernandez, decided to take the plunge and say, "I Do." Hehe. That was cool.
-I got to spend some time with a friend (pastor's kid) that is passionate about helping his father (pastor) with small groups at his church. I was impressed with the knowledge that this guy posessed on ministry.

But, let me focus on my visit to Kaleo Church.
At the beginning of this year (2008), I met with a pastor of a somewhat new church (3years old at the time). They will be celebrating their 4th anniversary this coming Sunday. I had breakfast with Bill at la Madeleine that February... and he asked me about my story and we talked about ministry. I made it a point to go to his church, but never ended up visiting until this past Sunday.

What a message! Bill started a new series based on teh first book of John and for a couple of weeks will be teaching from that book with the series title: Walking in the Light. It was a simple teaching but insightful. It was an awesome experience.

They currently meet in a YMCA gym and had a very organized service order. I think that they did everything with excellence. The people were friendly. I was so moved when a total stranger that I had never met before but is a brother in Christ nudged me and ask me if he could serve communion at the end of the service.

I am looking forward to talking with Bill some more. I believe that I can learn a lot from him in my churchplanting endeavors.

I'll visit again this Sunday and I believe that a good friend of mine will accompany me... so Im excited.

And may I add that the WHOLE service only lasted about 1 hour and 15 mins!
Short but effective. Hehe.

1 comment:

Benny Salas said...

Tony!!! What's the 411 with ya? Married Yet? Getting ready to blow Houston out the water with a Crazy Church Plant? Keep blogging, Im reading bro!