August 11, 2008

Special Petition.

Back in the day.. back, back in the day.. when I was a kid.. I'm not that old either, Hehe.
I remember going with my mother to laldies prayer meetings.
You remember those? No, ok.

It consisted of a bunch of ladies standing in a circle and letting their needs be known to the group so they could enter into intercessory prayer and sabotage the enemy with loud voices... You know those. Hehe.
I remember some ladies saying, "Pray for my husband because he is __fill in the blank__" Others would say, "Pray for my kids because they are..."

But there were those that when it was their turn to lay their need before the Lord, they would just say, "I have a special petition."
Huh?
What just hapenned?

What is a special petition?
I never got the meaning of that, until I had a special petition of my own.
A special petition was a need or a problem or a situation that you wanted someone to pray for but did not want to tell them what it was. It was too personal. More known as a special prayer request.

Ahh, good times.
Well, Let me tell you... I got a special petition.
Anyone that reads this, when you kneel for prayer tonight or tomorrow morning, I ask that you think and pray for me.
Im not going through depression or anything like that. Hehe.
So, rejoice with me while you pray.

God will do awesome things.

And this is my meditaion of today:
"1I waited patiently for the LORD; he inclined to me and heard my cry. 2He drew me up from the pit of destruction, out of the miry bog, and set my feet upon a rock, making my steps secure." - Psalms 40

Has God ever drawn you out?
Maybe you did not want to come out, but... He.. DREW you out! I feel a praise comin. Hehe.
He has drawn me, taken me from destruction.
He is an amazing God.

Pray for me and rejoice with me.

No comments: