September 25, 2007

»CONFESSIONS of a Reformission Rev.


WOW! I barely finished this book... I only have a couple of minutes to blog about.. brag about it. This is awesome... I dedicated the whole night to reading it... and I finished it.

This is the story of Mark Driscoll planting Mars Hill, a church of 6,000 people in Seattle, one of the least churched cities in America... He says that there are more dogs than Christians in Seattle. That's funny. It was insightful. I love reading stuff from people that went through it, you know? Not just people that call themselves experts and just know statistics and do not know the "work" that was done to get the statistics.

This guy started with nothing and now he has Elders (Pastors) that are helping him grow Mars Hill. I enjoyed it...

He also gave good instruction... good advice, and good counsel. I learned a lot from him.

I will read his next book... "Radical Reformission."

If you are ayoung leader and are called to be a Pastor or a Minister, you need to read this book. It will help you. Wow.

I'm going home. I'm at work.

I will post more about CONFESSIONS OF A REFORMED REV tomorrow.

Goodnight.

No comments: